- Applets are
– Small programs
– Accessed on Internet Server
– Transported over Internet
– automatically installed
– run as part of web document
- Applet has limited access to resources, run complex computations
without introducing the rist of virus or breaching data integrity.
- Applet class available in Applet package
All applets are subclass of Applet class
- import java.awt.*;
public class AppletDemo extends Applet
public void paint(Graphics g)
g.drawString (“Welcome to applets”,50,50);
- applet interacts with AWT, not with I/O classes.
- applet should be declared as PUBLIC as it is accessed by outside code.
- paint() is called each time that the applet must redisplay its output.
- Whenever we call redraw() , paint is called.
- drawString(String msg,int x, int y)
1. execute applet with java compatible web browser (Netscape Navg.)
2. using appletviewer. (fastest and easiest way)
or C:\way2techworld> appletviewer AppletDemo.html
or C:\way2techworld> appletviewer AppletDemo.java (commented applet)